about me + my resume
I am an aspiring policy professional pursuing a Master's in International Affairs at Columbia's School of International and Public Affairs, concentrating in Urban & Social Policy.
School of International and Public Affairs
Candidate for Masters in International Affairs
Expected May 2018
Barnard College of Columbia University
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
GPA: 3.84/4.00; Major GPA: 3.91/4.00
Honors: Dean’s List: Fall 2013 - Spring 2017
Research & Practices Fellow
- Conduct research and interviews related to gender equity policy and practices and developments to ensure greater female representation in corporate business structures.
- Write practices reports to summarize research; write persuasive practices memos and instructional guides.
MARTI SPERANZA FOR NY CITY COUNCIL
Director of Communications
January 2017 - September 2017
- Create and maintain correspondence system for candidate; oversee team of interns in researching and drafting correspondence with constituents and other stakeholders.
- Write and edit communications for campaign.
- Oversee social media and online strategies.
HILLARY FOR AMERICA
Intern, Correspondence Department
January 2016 - November 2016
Monitored incoming correspondence on Election Day as part of a digital voter protection team, flagging potential voter intimidation incidents through the SalesForce system.
Engaged and corresponded with potential voters who support Sec. Clinton’s presidential bid, seek more information on her platform, including sharing potential compelling personal stories.
BREAKTHROUGH NEW YORK
Teaching Fellow, Manhattan Site
June 2016 - August 2016
- Selected from a competitive pool of over 650 applicants to serve as a Teaching Fellow in a rigorous 6-week academic intensive college access program for 90 high-potential, underserved middle school students.
- Participated in more than 140 hours of pre-summer training to master instructional and management best practices.
- Team-taught 32 rising 8th grade students literature, impacted student achievement by average gains of 60 percentage points (average of 37% on the pre-test to 93% on the post test).
BARNARD COLLEGE CAREER DEVELOPMENT
City Civic Engagement Program (NYCCEP) Fellow
September 2015 - May 2016
- Helped plan and lead NYCCEP's (Extended Barnard Reach Out) EBRO program to encourage Barnard students to think critically about how they will engage service in their lives, both personally and professionally.
- Engaged speakers to speak on various social issues; plan service projects and site visits for students to engage with issues.
KENNEDY, KENNEDY, AND IVES, LLC
June 2015 - January 2016
- Created presentations and visual exhibits to be used in court and in settlement or mediation hearings. Generate graphics to condense complex case information.
- Assisted firm's lawyers in client meetings and depositions; correspond with clients for case updates and to gather information.
- Processed and catalogued information relevant to cases; research and compiled reports on different issues for various cases.
SENATOR KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND
Intern, Constituent Services Department
January 2014 - May 2014
- Worked under a constituent services liaison to help NY citizens who reached out to the Senator’s office. Portfolio of issues included: social services, transportation, IRS/tax refunds, education/student loans.
- Coordinated with constituents to gather information and provide them with updates on their cases; drafted correspondence to various government agencies to request aid on behalf of constituents; organized and assisted with events and press conferences.
LEADERSHIP & ACTIVITIES
Columbia University Pre-Law Society
- Co-President (April 2016 - May 2017)
- Marketing Chair (April 2015 - March 2016)
- Publicity Partner (September 2014 - April 2015)
Barnard and Columbia South Asian Feminism(s) Alliance
- Design Chair (May 2016- May 2017)
- Community Outreach Co-Chair (May 2015 - May 2016)